Blueberry mousse on a chocolate sponge glazeret with a blueberry milk glaze.
Yield: 6-8 drop- or round cake rings.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Heat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
2. Line a 20 cm*20 cm/8 inch*8 inch large bakingpan with baking paper.
3. Mix chocolate buttons, chopped chocolate and butter in a bowl. Melt it in the microwave oven. Only 1 min, then 30 seconds thereafter until the chocolate has melted.
4. Let the chocolate cool slightly.
5. Stir sugar into chocolate.
6. Stir the eggs into the batter one at a time.
7. Stir the flour.
8. Put the batter into the bakingpan.
9. Bake the brownie for 35-40 minutes. (A tester should come out with wet crumbs on it) Don’t overbake.!!!
10. Let the cake cool to room temperature.
11. Stick out the brownie whit the cake ring that you want to use. (leave the brownie in the ring)
12. Leave them in the fridge.
13. Make the blueberry mousse.
- 20 g blueberry puree
- 70 g sugar
- 12 g of lemon juice
- 5 g of blueberry syrup
- 40 g of pasteurized egg whites
- 10 g of gelatin leaves
- 100 g blueberry puree
- 60 g blueberry puree
- 160 g of cold heavy cream
1. Make a blueberry puree (blend blueberries and sift them through a fine sieve).
2. Now make the Italian meringue.
3. Add sugar, lemon juice, blueberry syrup and 20 g blueberry puree in a small saucepan and cook them on low heat.
4. When the syrup reaches 100°C/212°F, you begin to whip the egg whites on medium speed.
5. When the syrup reaches 117°C/243°F, pour it in a thin stream into the beaten egg whites while constantly whipping.
6. Beat until whites are cooled down.
7. Soften the gelatine leaves in cold water.
8. Warm 100 g blueberry puree and dissolve the gelatin therein. Add geltine-blueberry purée with the remaining 60 g blueberry purée.
9. F0ld the blueberry-gelatin mixture with the Italian meringue.
10. Beat the cold whipping cream in a large bowl until soft peaks.
11. Turn 1/3 of the whipped cream into the blueberry meringue.
12. Add the blueberry meringue into the remaining whipped cream and fold until completely incorporated.
13. Fill a pipingbag with blueberry mousse and pipe the mousse down the edges of the adjustable ring form.
14. Pipe mousse on top of the brownie and smooth it out as nice as you can.
15. Put the cake in the fridge until it is set.
16. When the cake is almost ready prepare the glaze and follow the instructions.